Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Critical Analysis Podcast Assignment Brainstorming

I am not entirely sure which book I would like to use for this assignment, but the book I am interested in right now is Almond Cookies and Dragon Well Tea by Cynthia Chin-Lee. The aspect that sparked my interest in this book was the relation it had to my own life. The book is about two girls, one who is Asian and one who is European. When the European girl visits the Asian girl's home, the two girls discover how sharing their cultures is a wonderful concept, because neither has anything to be ashamed about.

So the social issue I would focus on is cross-cultural acceptance. In order to do my podcast, I believe I will have to go ask for assistance from the media resources people (not entirely sure what their real name is!) because I have never tried recording a podcast before. I am excited to learn how to make one though.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful. It looks like you have some good ideas already and that you are excited about the challenge of podcasting. You might also consider talking about issues of privilege and the ways in which degrees of privilege shift in different contexts. This could make for a very powerful podcast!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete